Green Barbeque Chicken Bowl
Hello!! If you are anything like me, you like to keep your dinners simple and easy without sacrificing nutrition or taste! This can be a challenge, so when I find something that fits the bill (and that my family will eat!) I make it on repeat. These BBQ bowls are our current fave!
Green barbeque chicken bowl recipe
4 Boneless skinless chicken breast
4 Cups Broccoli Crowns
1 Bunch Asparagus
1 Cup Quinoa
1 Bunch Chives, optional
BBQ sauce of choice
Toppings of your choice (for example, sliced avocado, tomato and pepitas).
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions and set aside.
- Steam broccoli and asparagus in the same pot on the stove for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables become tender.
- While the veggies are steaming, season the chicken to your liking then grill (or cook on stovetop) until cooked through. Shred the chicken or slice it to your liking.
- Load all of the ingredients into a bowl, garnish with chives (if using) and drizzle with BBQ sauce!
To add some more vegetables, you can also add more toppings to the bowl. Spinach, avocado, lime, tomato or seeds are easy ways to add some more nutrients and to customise the bowl to suit you!
What are your go-to simple and nutritious dinners?
* Results from Post-Pregnancy program may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.