Green Barbeque Chicken Bowl
If you are anything like me, you like to keep your dinners simple and easy without sacrificing nutrition or taste! This can be a challenge, so when I find something that fits these criteria (and that my family will eat!) I make it on repeat. These BBQ bowls are one of our favorite recipes!
I like to cook meals that only take a few steps as I don't like to spend a lot of time in the kitchen. This gives me more time to spend with my family or to fit in a PWR workout if I've had a really busy day. To make this bowl, all you need to do is cook the quinoa, steam some green vegetables and grill the chicken — and that's it!
This meal makes a great healthy lunch, or you can enjoy it at home on an evening when you want something quick. You can use whatever vegetables you have handy if you don't have asparagus and broccoli — and try steaming frozen vegetables if you don't have any fresh on hand.
Green Barbeque Chicken Bowl Recipe
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
4 cups broccoli crowns
1 bunch asparagus
1 cup quinoa
1 Bunch Chives, optional
BBQ sauce of choice
Toppings of your choice (for example, sliced avocado, tomato and pepitas).
- Cook the quinoa according to the package directions and set aside.
- Steam broccoli and asparagus in the same pot on the stove for 8-10 minutes or until the vegetables become tender.
- While the veggies are steaming, season the chicken to your liking then grill (or cook on stovetop) until cooked through. Shred the chicken or slice it to your liking.
- Load all of the ingredients into a bowl, garnish with chives (if using) and drizzle with BBQ sauce!
Make this simple, high protein meal for lunch or dinner
To add some more vegetables, you can always add more toppings to the bowl. Spinach, avocado, lime, tomato or seeds are easy ways to add some more nutrients and to customise the bowl to suit you!
If you cook up a lot of chicken, you could also prepare this easy shredded Mexican chicken recipe for something different.
Whether you are doing a strength training program or just wanting to take better care of yourself with good nutrition, this is one meal you can rely on to deliver the macronutrients, including protien, that will optimise your health.
What are your go-to simple and nutritious dinners?
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.