So Easy Shredded Mexican Chicken Recipe
Hello babes!! If you saw my Instagram story a little while ago, you might remember that I had a poll about which recipe ideas you wanted to see. Today I’m sharing one of them with you — a really easy Mexican-style chicken!
So, this recipe may be super basic and variations are SUPER popular, but its simplicity and versatility make it a staple at our house! Also, it’s delicious. 😃
1.5 lbs (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 jar salsa of choice (I love a freshly made pico salsa from my local market!)
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup green peppers, diced
1/2 cup red peppers, diced
Toppings of your choice
½ tbsp ground cumin
½ tbsp ground coriander
½ tbsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground oregano
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp garlic powder.
- Mix together the cumin, coriander, paprika, oregano, chili and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Put chicken and veggies in a crockpot and sprinkle over the seasoning mix.
- Pour the salsa on top of the chicken and peppers.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, checking occasionally.
- Shred the chicken breasts with a fork and stir to combine.
Once it has been in the crockpot for a few hours, the chicken should be so tender it basically falls apart with a fork. That is IT! See? It pretty much makes itself, haha.
We love to have our Mexican chicken as tacos with a bunch of fresh avocado, tomato, lettuce, cheese, plain Greek yogurt, beans and other various fixings on top! This shredded chicken is also amazing for taco salads or you could use it in enchiladas if you enjoy making those too!
I know so many of you don’t have the luxury of time to prepare healthy meals, and this recipe is a lifesaver! You pop it in the crockpot and go about your day while it cooks. So. Easy. Crockpot meals, like my quinoa chili, are great when you don't have a lot of time, and when the weather is super cold.
Hope you enjoy!
* Results from Post-Pregnancy program may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.