Chocolate Coconut Protein Bites Recipe
Happy National Peanut Butter Lover’s Day my friends!
I am actually allergic to peanut butter, so I thought I would whip up a peanut-alternative recipe to share with you guys today! You can really use any sort of nut butter for this or if you are allergic to all nuts, try soy butter or sunbutter! :)
Chocolate Coconut Protein Bites
1 cup almond butter
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
¼ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups oats
1/2 cup coconut flakes, plus extra for sprinkling
1/2 cup cocoa almond butter.
- Beat almond butter with a hand mixer on medium speed until it is fluffy.
- Slowly add in protein powder and mix.
- Beat in honey and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
- Gradually add in oats, blending on low speed. Stir in coconut flakes.
- Roll the mixture into tablespoon-sized balls and refrigerate.
- Melt the cocoa almond butter in a microwave-safe dish in 20-second increments until it becomes soft.
- Remove the balls from the fridge and dip into melted chocolate. Sprinkle with more coconut flakes and place on a tray with wax paper, or place them into individual mini baking cups.
- Return to the fridge and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
There you have it, babes! I hope you love this delicious nutty option for dessert, or as a treat to share with friends.
If you've got nothing but love for almond butter — make sure you try my recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Bites too! It's just like eating cookie dough, but a healthier version 😉
* Results from Post-Pregnancy program may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.