Slow Cooker Quinoa Chili
It’s getting COLD here in Utah and this (DELICIOUS) Slow Cooker Quinoa Chili is on repeat in our house! Let’s be honest though, it’s on rotation even during the warm months because it’s THAT good. It’s also super simple, the slow cooker does almost all the work for you. 😊
1 Tbs olive oil
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
3/4 cup shredded carrots
1/2 onion, chopped
2 cups cooked quinoa
1/2 cup cooked corn
15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
15 oz can chili beans (NOT drained)
14 oz can diced tomatoes (NOT drained)
1 Tbs chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano
- Saute the garlic, bell peppers, carrots and onion in olive oil over medium heat until cooked (about 5 minutes).
- Combine all ingredients in the slow cooker and stir quickly to combine.
- Set the slow cooker (crock-pot) to low and let simmer for 2 – 4 hours to let flavors combine.
- Stir thoroughly and serve in a bowl. Top with your favourite herbs, if you like.
I often double the recipe for meal prep and enjoy throughout the week! Feel free to garnish with anything you want, some of our fave chili toppings include plain Greek yogurt, chives, avocado or shredded cheese.
* Results from Post-Pregnancy program may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.