Quick & Simple Thai Vegetarian Curry
Babes, I love, love, love curry! Seriously, it’s one of my favourite dishes. As someone who does not typically enjoy cooking (or devoting a lot of time doing so), I like to make food that is quick to prepare, without sacrificing the flavours I enjoy!
This simple recipe that is both healthy and easy to prepare — it's also delicious! Cooking at home, when it's not arduous, means you are in control of what you are eating, and it makes it so much easier to make choices that nourish your body.
I believe that eating healthy to fuel my PWR training should be simple and acheivable — I'm not one to spend hours doing meal prep.
This meal literally takes about 15-20 minutes to prepare — it's a total game changer!
Thai Vegetable Curry Recipe
For anyone looking for a quick, nutritious and plant-based meal that you can create in under half an hour, this recipe ticks all the boxes. Plus, it's super-yummy.
1 tbsp coconut oil
2 cups zucchini, diced or speared
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
1 cup green onions (or spring onions), chopped
1/2 cup yellow onion, sliced
1 tsp ginger paste
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 tbsp red Thai curry paste
16 ounce light coconut milk (you can use regular coconut milk instead, if you prefer).
- Saute the zucchini, bell peppers and onions in coconut oil in a skillet over medium-high heat for approximately 7 minutes or until the edges start to brown and they begin to feel tender.
- Add the garlic and ginger to the pan and stir to combine, then add the curry paste and mix thoroughly.
- Lower to medium-low heat, stir in the coconut milk and cook for another few minutes.
- Turn off the heat and prepare to serve.
You can serve this curry on top of some jasmine rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice, but it is delicious on its own as well.
To add more protein to this meal, try adding cashews, or tofu for a vegtarian dish that's scrumptious and filling. If you aren't eating vegetarian that night, you can also add chicken or shrimp, if you prefer.
This is the perfect meal to prepare if you've been too busy to get to the shops — you can substitute frozen mixed veg if you don't have any fresh vegetables available.
* Results from Post-Pregnancy program may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.