Easy Shredded Chicken Taco Recipe
If you follow me on Instagram, you might know that I share a lot about my PWR diet and my recipes.
Today I’m sharing a favorite recipe with you — really easy shredded chicken that you can use for tacos!
So this recipe may be basic and variations are SUPER popular, but its simplicity and versatility make it a staple at our house! Also, it’s delicious.
Shredded Chicken Taco Recipe
1.5 lbs (680 g) boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 jar salsa of choice (I love a freshly made pico salsa from my local market!)
1/2 cup corn
1/2 cup green peppers, diced
1/2 cup red peppers, diced
Tortillas for tacos
Toppings of your choice
½ tbsp ground cumin
½ tbsp ground coriander
½ tbsp smoked paprika
½ tsp ground oregano
¼ tsp chili powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
- Mix together the cumin, coriander, paprika, oregano, chili and garlic powder in a bowl.
- Put chicken and veggies in a crockpot and sprinkle over the seasoning mix.
- Pour the salsa on top of the chicken and peppers.
- Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, checking occasionally.
- Shred the chicken breasts with a fork and stir to combine.
Once it has been in the crockpot for a few hours, the chicken should be so tender it basically falls apart with a fork. That is IT! See? It pretty much makes itself.
My family loves to have our shredded chicken as tacos with a bunch of fresh avocado, tomato, lettuce, cheese, plain Greek yogurt, beans and other various fixings on top. This shredded chicken is also amazing for taco salads, or you could use it in enchiladas if you enjoy making those, too!
Healthy recipes can be easy to make
I know so many of you don’t have the luxury of time to prepare healthy meals, and this recipe is a lifesaver!
You pop it in the crockpot and go about your day while it cooks. So. Easy. Crockpot meals, like my quinoa chili, are also great when you don't have a lot of time.
Hope you enjoy!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.