Full Body Fitball Workout
Full Body Fitball Workout
Hey babes! I love incorporating a fitball into my workouts, so I thought I would put together a workout for you highlighting my four FAVE fitball moves!
This killer full body workout is a great way to get in your balance and stability training.
FULL BODY FITBALL WORKOUT
Fitball Pike — 10 reps
Fitball Jackknife — 10 reps
Fitball Hamstring Curl — 12 reps
Fitball Decline Push-up — 12 reps
Rest — 30 seconds
- Place both hands on the floor slightly further than shoulder-width apart and both feet together behind you, resting your shins on a fitball. This is your starting position.
- Keeping your feet together and legs straight, contract your abdominal muscles to bring your knees into your chest. This movement should cause the fitball to roll in towards your hands.
- Briefly hold this position and then slowly extend your hips to return to starting position. This movement should cause the fitball to roll backwards.
- Repeat for 10 repetitions.
- Holding a fitball with both hands, start by lying straight on your back on the floor, with both arms extended above your head. Engage your abdominal muscles by drawing your belly button in towards your spine and gently raise both feet off the floor. Keeping your feet together, raise your legs off the floor so that they form a 90-degree angle with your hips.
- At the same time, bring the fitball up towards your feet.
- Separate your feet and grip the fitball with both legs and release your hands. Slowly lower your legs and arms until they are both just slightly off the floor. Try to avoid bouncing the ball.
- Repeat for 10 repetitions, continually passing the fitball from your hands to your legs and visa versa.
Fitball Hamstring Curl
- Start by lying flat on your back on a yoga mat with your feet elevated on a fitball. Allow your arms to rest by your sides on the mat. Inhale. Using your glutes and hamstrings, gently raise your hips off the floor so that you are resting on your upper back and your body forms one straight line from head to toe. This is your starting position.
- Inhale. Hold. Exhale. While keeping your feet together and hips elevated, bend your knees to bring your feet in towards your glutes. This movement will cause the fitball to roll in towards you.
- Inhale. Extend your knees to return to the starting position, ensuring that your hips remain elevated. This movement will cause the fitball to roll away from you.
- Repeat for 12 repetitions.
Fitball Decline Push-up
- Place both hands on the floor slightly further than shoulder-width apart and feet together on the fitball behind you. This is your starting position.
- While maintaining a neutral spine back and stabilising through your abdominals, bend your elbows and lower your torso towards the floor until your arms form two 90-degree angles.
- Push through your chest and extend your elbows to return to into starting position.
- Repeat for the specified number of repetitions.
Remember these moves are all intended to be performed slow and steady, as they all require serious core strength. Don't let that fool you into thinking this isn't a killer workout — you'll be sweating for sure!
* Results from SELF may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.