Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Bites
If you love eating cookie dough, you will LOVE this recipe!
There are so many variations to protein bites but this one is the basic recipe I always use, and it is my absolute FAVE! So simple, but so yummy.
I love making a big batch to keep in the fridge for a convenient pre-workout snack or healthy dessert alternative whenever my sweet tooth hits. Anderson and Ry love them as well, so it is a win all around!
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Protein Bites Recipe
This recipe is so simple — you won't even need to turn on the oven! Just mix up the ingredients and allow time to refrigerate the bites before serving.
Makes 24 bites
- 1 cup almond butter
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups oats
- ½ cup to 1 cup chocolate chips or mix-ins of your choice
1. Beat almond butter with a hand mixer on medium speed until fluffy.
2. Mix in protein powder.
3. Beat in honey and vanilla extract, mixing until well combined.
4. Gradually add in oats, blending on low speed, then stir in chocolate chips.
5. Roll into tablespoon-sized balls and refrigerate.
Usually this recipe turns out well, but depending on the consistency of the almond butter you have available, it may be a little dry. In this instance, you'll need to use a little more honey to help the mixture stick — you can also try adding a small amount of flaxseed oil or coconut oil to bring moisture to the mixture.
You'll know it's right when the consistency feels good in your hands and you can shape the bites the way you want to.
This versatile protein balls recipe can be adapted to suit your taste
Don't feel limited to making balls — you can make this into a slice or into larger energy balls to suit you! You can also vary the taste by adding in coconut flakes, flaxseed, chia seeds or dried fruit – the options are endless.
Happy baking! Check our more of my healthy recipes here!
* Results from Post-Pregnancy program may vary. Strict adherence to the program is required for best results.