PWR Through Your Training With My Workout Playlists
For those of you who follow me on Instagram, you know that I ALWAYS workout to music! In fact, I believe that music is a key tool that can help you stick to your workout plan.
There are always going to be days when it will be harder to get motivated. I find that getting some music going during my warm-up helps me to get into the right mindset to workout. Music is something that is completely universal — no matter where you are from, there is music that can change how you feel.
That’s why I’ve created some workout playlists that are available on Apple Music and Spotify to get you INSPIRED and in the mood for your PWR or PWR at Home workout. You can stream my playlists through either platform within the Sweat app during your workout!
Choosing a killer workout playlist
A great playlist can help you to show up 100% and give your workout your BEST effort. Then you can walk away proud of what you’ve achieved, whether you’re doing recovery or smashing a weights session.
Tips for creating an awesome playlist with the best workout songs
1. The first song should empower you! Getting started can be the hardest part, but once you’re into the groove with a song that speaks to you, you are much more likely to follow through.
2. Go for variety. By constantly changing the pace and mood of the music, you can use your playlist to keep you on your toes and engaged. Sometimes when I train in a commercial gym, the music is all one heavy, monotonous beat, and that doesn’t work for me. This means headphones are a must, so I can listen to my own playlist!
3. Choose lyrics that speak to you. Here’s a little secret — my PWR playlists are made up of songs recommended by my PWR women! You are my greatest inspiration, and working out to music chosen by you keeps me pumped!
4. Make the playlist for YOU — don’t worry about what others might think about your music! If you want to choose corny tunes, that’s great. This is your time, rock it your way!
5. Don’t skip the cooldown. A proper cooldown is an essential part of your workout and helps your body to recover, so be sure to include some slower tracks at the end while you stretch it out.
PWR Workout Playlists
My PWR workout playlists are created using songs that are chosen BY YOU! I’ve asked my community on Instagram for their top workout songs and arranged these tracks into the PWR playlists for you to check out.
My PWR at Home Playlist
I launched my brand new PWR at Home program in April 2019 for those ladies who can’t always make it to the gym. So I thought that I should create a specific playlist that you can use at home, too. When you use this playlist of the best workout songs chosen by the PWR women, you know it’s your time! I hope you enjoy this collection of songs designed to motivate you through this at-home version of my signature weight-training program.
My PWR at Home playlist can be streamed from right inside the Sweat app using either Apple Music or Spotify.
For the moms using my PWR at Home program, one of my tips for exercising with kids at home is to get them involved with a ‘dance party workout’! It can be really hard to get 30-40 minutes to yourself, but why not get your kids involved? I know for me when Anderson is up and running around during the day, he goes to sleep much quicker in the evening!
My PWR Playlist
PWR is my gym-based training program with a focus on hypertrophy training. Hypertrophy training is a style of resistance training designed to help to build lean muscle and overall strength. There’s now a full 40 weeks of PWR available in the Sweat app!
To keep you motivated through my program, you’ll find over four hours of motivating workout music on my PWR playlist. Check it out in the Sweat app during your next workout!
Use music to empower your workouts
Music is so important when you workout. When I play the first track of my workout playlist I always choose inspiring music for my warm up. Once the blood is flowing, it’s time for pump music which is powerful for the workout. Choosing songs that resonate with your goals and values can keep you focused and feeling strong.
If you are just getting started on your fitness journey, creating a dedicated workout playlist can help you to unlock the benefits of regular exercise. If you’ve been lifting weights for years, a fresh workout playlist can inspire you to reach the next level.
Always remember that health is so much more than how you look, it’s emotional, spiritual as well as physical. A lasting change starts from the inside, so use the PWR workout playlists to start discovering your inner strength, starting now.
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.