5 Small Steps to Becoming a Healthier You!
Listen — making a shift to live a healthier lifestyle is A LOT easier said than done. Believe me, I know! I mean, I made the firm, resolute decision to live healthier at least 3 or 4 times a year my whole adult life until finally I actually DID something about it and made it happen.
The biggest problem is that “being healthier” is about as broad of a goal as you could have. That means it will probably never happen unless you break it down into simple, smaller goals and start working towards those. The good news is, you CAN do it! And once you know how, getting started is actually a lot easier than you might think
If you’ve been in a rut or felt deflated about your fitness and health, here are five simple, small steps that you can start smashing TODAY to get you well on your way to a healthier you.
DRINK WATER. Seriously. Aim for 8-10 cups or 2 liters each day.
Tip: Carry a water bottle with you everywhere you go!
- Take a daily vitamin. So simple!
Tip: Set it out next to your sink before you go to bed, that way you can’t miss it in the morning.
- Break a sweat. Make a goal to be active for at least 25 minutes a day.
Tip: Find an activity you enjoy and do that!
- Get enough sleep. Try for at least 7 hours each night if you can.
Tip: Try and avoid TV/phone usage 30 minutes prior to bedtime to help you wind down.
- Eat your veggies. The simplest way to begin eating clean? Get your veggies in.
Tip: Add one serving to every meal!
Begin now with these five small steps, and once they have turned to habits, reassess and set your next set of goals.
Don’t stop, get it, get it!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.