Fresh Peach Tomato Salad
Babes, I am SO excited to share this recipe with you today, it is a true family favorite! My aunt passed this down to me and her aunt gave it to her. It is my go-to when I want a light, fresh lunch or need to bring a dish to a gathering!
4 medium-sized tomatoes
4 medium-sized peaches
2 medium ears of corn, or one can
1 medium red onion
1 bunch fresh basil
2 bunches green onion (spring onions)
2 oz (approx 55g) crumbled feta, or your favourite cheese
4 cups arugula
2 Tbs apple cider vinegar
3 tsp olive oil
2 tsp honey
Salt and pepper, to taste.
- Slice tomatoes and peaches into thin wedges and the red onion into thin strips.
- Combine tomatoes, peaches, red onion and corn in a bowl.
- Combine vinegar, oil, honey, and a dash of salt and pepper in a separate bowl and mix well.
- Drizzle the vinegar dressing over the fruit and toss to coat.
- Just before serving, add in arugula, green onion, and basil and toss. Sprinkle with feta, or your favourite cheese. You can also top it with pepitas or chopped walnuts if you like a little extra crunch.
I hope your family enjoys this fresh salad as much as ours does!
* Disclaimer: This blog post is not intended to replace the advice of a medical professional. The above information should not be used to diagnose, treat, or prevent any disease or medical condition. Please consult your doctor before making any changes to your diet, sleep methods, daily activity, or fitness routine. Sweat assumes no responsibility for any personal injury or damage sustained by any recommendations, opinions, or advice given in this article.